Wednesday

Aaaahhh! What the heck was that?

I don't know why I put this here. It has nothing to do with this post...but I just really like it and I'm allowed to do erratic things when I've just seen a ghost.
So, today, I have another real live ghost story for ya. 

I was minding my own damned business at my computer, working on some emails that need to be read and returned, and the dryer stopped in the laundry room. 

Sighs...

So, I get up out of my comfy chair and push it under my desk, hot foot it to the laundry room, open the dryer, grab an arm load of clean, dry, hot laundry and begin to carry it through the bedroom and into the kitchen so I can fold it on the kitchen table. 

Only, I never made it to the kitchen. Hell, I didn't even make it out of the bedroom. I got to the first step between the laundry room and master bedroom, seen the most horrible thing I've ever seen in my history of ghostie sightings, dropped the clean, dry, hot laundry on my bare feet, and lost my breath completely and stood frozen in that doorway for about five minutes.

So, what is it that I saw today, do you ask? 

Again, it was the most horrible thing I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of dead folks. Or, their spirits. However you wanna put it.

I saw the graying, nearly rotten, standing straight upward corpse (only she was completely animated) of a lady standing straight up next to my bed. She was covered in blood, though I'm not sure it was hers and its really hard to see details when you're looking at ghosts because their forms are sort of shadowy and graying. 

Yes, I know that was a run-on sentence. Sue me.

She looked to be a bit older than me, though not much. She had long-ish dark hair and wore a long dress with full-ish skirts. In  one of her hands she held out the severed head of another woman. Or it could have been a very long haired man. I don't know. I couldn't tell because it was so damned grizzly. 

And in my bedroom. In. My. BEDROOM!

It's one thing to see a perfectly harmless ghost, one that doesn't wish to hurt you. But, when you see one like this who is clutching someone's head by the roots of their hair, it's a different ballgame altogether. Wanna know how I know she didn't like me?

It could probably be because she was practically growling, though there was no sound. I could just see her doing it with her mouth and facial expressions. 

And this all happened after my husband left for work and the kids were outside playing with the neighbor's kids and I was in here all by myself. 

I had to share this with Splattercore because I'm still pretty damn shaken up by it. And in case you're wondering, I folded the laundry and put it away, rather than leaving it in my apparently haunted bedroom.

The...Fucking...END.

1 comment: